[Dshield] Back to InfoCon Green

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Tue Aug 16 15:14:06 GMT 2005

becketsj at songs.sce.com wrote:
> Are there written criteria for when to move the infocon level or is this
> simply a judgement call?  If the criteria are written, are they somewhere
> that I might read them so as to better understand what levels indicate
> what?  If it is someone's judgement, who might that be and is there any
> chain of succession if such person is off on vacation or out ill?

You can find our criteria here: http://isc.sans.org/infocon.php

The decision is made as a consensus among available handlers, with the
handler of the day having the final authority to change the infocon.

Overall, the infocon is more an indicator of change then an indicator of
a particular condition. It tends to stay 'green' as long as just the
usual exploits run around the net, but we do tend to move to yellow if
there is a substantion new threat, in paritcular if there is some
specific action people should take.

--
---------
Johannes Ullrich                        jullrich at sans.org