[Dshield] Back to InfoCon Green

becketsj@songs.sce.com becketsj at songs.sce.com
Tue Aug 16 14:50:34 GMT 2005

Are there written criteria for when to move the infocon level or is this
simply a judgement call?  If the criteria are written, are they somewhere
that I might read them so as to better understand what levels indicate
what?  If it is someone's judgement, who might that be and is there any
chain of succession if such person is off on vacation or out ill?

I have a solid understanding of how this particular situation progressed
and fully understand that, in the words of U.S. pharmaceuticals industry,
"individual results may vary," but still wish to understand what is
actually meant by green or yellow or orange.

Josh Beckett
SONGS IT Security
Direct 949.368.2113/PAX 82113
14300 Mesa Road (G50-C), San Clemente, CA 92672

"The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may
come.  When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of
ruin.  When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come.
Thus his person is not endangered, and his states and all their clans are
preserved.", Confucius (551-479 B.C.)