[Dshield] bellsouth - virus reporting

Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Aug 16 16:26:35 GMT 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:52:36 EDT, Tony Nichols said:
> http://www.bellsouthinternetsecurity.com/
>

> Well that was fine and good..... I would just report the addresses there
> and be done.
>
> WRONG....
>
> There is no such address!

<lily_tomlin>
We don't care, we don't have to - we used to be the phone company, and will be again.
</lily_tomlin>

Think about it - a virus-infected user doesn't cost *THEM* any money, as long
as it isn't spewing fast enough to break whatever oversubscription budget
their network infrastructure.  If it's within the bandwidth constraints, they're
golden.

On the other hand, if they actually let you report a problem, then they have
the cost of dealing with the trouble ticket.....