[Dshield] MS implementation of the Windows Genuine AdvantageValidation Tool?

dshield.org@keithbergen.com dshield.org at keithbergen.com
Wed Aug 17 02:42:34 GMT 2005

Moral issues aside. I am trying to determine if there is any risk from
non-legit XP systems.

Let's assume that a system on the 'net doesn't have a legitimate
license. Let's also assume that it does not have the automatic updates
turned on.

Would that person be able to get to the Windows Updates site and patch
the system?

If not, that is of great concern to me, and should be of great concern
to many others!

Keith.