[Dshield] MS05-039 exploits prove that pacthing "window" isgetting shorter and shorter and...

John B. Holmblad jholmblad at aol.com
Thu Aug 18 16:24:28 GMT 2005

Joel,

if only SJobs & co had not abandoned me with the first gen of PowerPC
MAC's & their lack of upgradeability I would still be using them..
In the 1980's I was responsible for, among other things, a very large
proposal organization in GTE and Sprint and we used Macs for the entire
decade of the 1980's starting with the first version (we even beta
tested the precursor Lisa product) in both the US and abroad. As they
say down South, Macs were "steets ahead" of Microsoft in any proposal
department but corporate policy eventually decimated the MAC franchinse
due to the MAC/PC interoperability limitations at that time. Nonetheless
it would not surprise me if a lot of marketing organizations especially
in smaller companies were still using Apple Mac today for proposal work.
On a local radio station this past Tuesday, a tech commentator
suggested, for the reasons those on this list know very well, that
parents consider a Mac instead of a Microsoft PC  for their soon to be
college freshmen.

--
Best Regards,

John Holmblad