[Dshield] MS Patching side-effects

Betsy Horn Bhorn at hfblaw.com
Thu Aug 18 14:26:02 GMT 2005

Our workstations (Dell Optiplex varioius models; WinXPSP1 or 2) are
acting weird since the Aug. 9 patch group and since Norton AV 10 client
installed.  GroupWise clients are slow; mysterious reboots.  I'm not an
engineer, "just" an admin; more details would be appreciated.

>>> tomaney at benefittech.com 8/18/2005 9:09:38 AM >>>
After we patches our application servers, we had some custom services
on our
that stopped working because something in the security/permissions
apparently changed after the patches were applied.

The services had been running untouched for months and stopped working
after
patches were applied.  We finally got them going again but took a long
time
to diagnose and fix.  Took some heat from clients/users too.  Thanks
MS.

-Tom

send all posts to list at lists.dshield.org