[Dshield] MS Patching side-effects

bqa0-8e78@spamex.com bqa0-8e78 at spamex.com
Thu Aug 18 15:22:18 GMT 2005

Ah, finally!  I've spent hours this week trying to get backups working
again because Veritas (and apparently Windows 2K Server) no longer think
the tape changer is on-line.  Discovered this morning that I can also no
longer stop and start most services on the server, nor does the Windows
Installer seem to work at all.  Then just a short time ago I checked
again the sequence of events and realized that the Windows patches were
the first thing the happen after the last time I knew everything worked OK.

Do you have any more information on this or know where any can be found?

Bob Savage