[Dshield] 0-day exploit: Microsoft Internet Explorer "Msdds.d ll"Remote Code Exe cution Exploit

Wayne.Fielder@ky.gov Wayne.Fielder at ky.gov
Thu Aug 18 19:09:15 GMT 2005

Hehehe...you are dead on right that in the US that simply won't happen.
Good heavens, can you imagine IT Security Policy being dumped in the laps of
our state Legislatures or, God Forbid, CONGRESS?!?!?!?  You folks think we
have problems NOW!

Nah...I like the idea of letting the market make up it's mind.  We're
already seeing the benefits of that approach with the marketshare of IE
losing ground with every worm/virus/botnet.  Now we have Apple announcing
their Mac OS will soon run on Intel platforms...let's see what kind of
impact that's gonna have on the OS marketshare.  Let us not forget too that
the various flavors of Linux have been making inroads as well.  Granted the
PC neophytes out there will always use windows but here's hoping that
competition...and not government mandated policy...forces MS to clean up
their act.