[Dshield] Users don't pay attention

Robert Nelson nelsrob at mts.net
Fri Aug 19 01:59:30 GMT 2005

Oh, that is far too true... You can inform them, remind them, warn them, and
everything else short of beating them with a stick and some folks just don't
get it.

I work at a "computer help desk" for a large government department, and I
can attest that many users are next to clueless in regards to the computer
they use all day long. And there are some LAN techs that are sadly lacking
in knowledge of basic security, too.

You have to take a road test to get a driver's licence, but anyone can buy a
computer. No testing required...

What are we to do? Keep trying. Maybe they will clue in eventually. Perhaps
someday someone will make an id10t-proof computer and OS... or not...

Robert