[Dshield] Server

Glenn Jarvis gaj at uppergroove.ca
Fri Aug 19 04:50:23 GMT 2005

I sent a contact us message through ISC a while back, but I suppose with
all the activity lately they haven't had a chance
to respond. I'm seeing strange activity in my server logs that just
isn't normal. Someone is accessing the awstats directory
on my server. I can confirm that access to that directory is restricted.
In fact, if I use any of my browsers, I can't access
it, by http or ftp.
If I use my ftp client, I can of course access any directory on my
server using the password. I can't understand why or
how anyone else has been able to gain access to the awstats/icons
directory, or why they would even bother in the
first place.
Can anyone here offer some wisdom? I really don't wish to show the log
here on a public list /forum.

Thanks in advance,
Glenn

--
Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
copies of the original message.