[Dshield] 0-day exploit: Microsoft InternetExplorer"Msdds.dll"Remote Code Exe cution Exploit

Brian Dessent brian at dessent.net
Fri Aug 19 07:13:07 GMT 2005

jayjwa wrote:

> I have a Mingw cross compiler, but I wanted MSVC++ so that I wouldn't
> have to modify the programs that were written for MSVC to get them to
> compile under GCC/Mingw. Where to get one and the PSDK that it needs to
> be really useful? Microsoft's own site of course.
>
> Try going there without a Windows computer and ActiveX. It will land you
> on a page called "downlevel" and inform you that you can not download
> these, you need ActiveX. Their pages are a long series of Javascript

wget
http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/5/e/75ec7f04-4c8c-4f38-b582-966e76602643/5.2.3790.1830.15.PlatformSDK_Svr2003SP1_rtm.img

wget
http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/9/b/39bac755-0a1e-4d0b-b72c-3a158b7444c4/VCToolkitSetup.exe

I found both of these in a minute or two with google and firefox.  I
have never had a hotmail account, and I sure don't use IE.  Unless I'm
missing something, Firefox doesn't do ActiveX, so I really think you're
making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Brian