[Dshield] Faster than Sasser?

Roger Roberts roger.roberts at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 10:17:58 GMT 2005

I guess they do not consider the witty worm as a candidate for this
comparison since it was not again MS.  Or maybe this is written by a
journalist that isnt a security person who trends these types of
events.  This is just one event that took place that I can think of
that happened in the past, I am sure there are more and possible
shorter ones.

Alert by ISS March 18th 2004
Alert by Symantec  March March 20th 2004

2 Days is much time to test and patch.  And this does indicate a
shrinking window for all types of applications and OSs.

-R