[Dshield] New Nigerian Email seeking identity info

Mikel L. Williams mikelw at ruffinbuildingsystems.com
Fri Aug 19 13:35:02 GMT 2005

Thought some of you might get a kick out of this one...

This email doesn't ask you to help launder money, just to give them all your
person id info...

'You Know Where' inserted for filter bypass

OUR REFF: NNPC/PED/01/09

CONTRACT PAYMENT NOTIFICATION:CONTRACT #:MAV/NNPC/FGN/MIN/009.

Attn: Honorable Contractor,

>From the records of outstanding contractors due for payment with the Federal
Government of 'You Know Where' your name and company was discovered as next
on the
list of the outstanding contractors who have not received their payments.

I wish to inform you that your payment is being processed and will be
released to you as soon as you respond to this letter. Also note that from
my record in my file your outstanding contract payment is US$46.7 million
dollars (Forty Six Million Seven Hundred Thousand United States
dollars).

Please re-confirm to me if this is inline with what you have in your record
and also re-confirm to me the followings

1) Your full name.
2) Phone, fax and mobile #.
3) Company name, position and address.
4) Profession
5) Copy of your international passport or driver's license.

As soon as this information is received, your payment will be made to you in
a certified bank draft from central bank of Nigeria and a copy will be given
to you for you to take to your bank and confirm it.

You must get back to me immediately.

Regards,

PROF CHARLES SOLUDO.
Executive Governor, Central Bank Of 'You Know Where' (CBN).