[Dshield] Help With CGI Abuse - Please

David Cary Hart DShield at TQMcube.com
Fri Aug 19 20:40:35 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 14:37 -0400, Johannes B. Ullrich wrote:
> David Cary Hart wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to get Apache 2 to limit $x requests per client
> > within $y seconds? I want to provide REASONABLE script access to our
> > Multi-RBL checker but every once in awhile I see that we are getting
> > hammered - particularly since we added country of origin to the script.
> >
> > I'd really hate to go to a captcha.
>
> This bandwidth module may help:
> http://www.ivn.cl/apache/

I also thought about mod_throttle (which is now deprecated). The problem
with BW is that it is geared to bandwidth allocating rather than
connects.

I'm going to hack something together with the swatch daemon - perhaps.
--
Tired of spam? Do YOUR part: http://www.BoulderPledge.org
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm