[Dshield] Banks shifting logins to Non-SSL Pages

Justin S jgs316 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 18:42:26 GMT 2005

On 8/24/05, teews04 <teews04 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> OK, so how about making the bank the one to come up with the solution, and if they can't, get another institution! Or, let's all get to the bank ourselves, pay, deposit, withdraw, whatever, and complain while we're in line....they could have 3 shifts,.....I wonder when the whole idea of "which" institution will get the account instead of "Gosh" I'm so worried the bank will turn us down.... When did the great american dream turn into the greatest american sovereign committee? Then again, keep it simple stupid always was a stupid remark too. Well what proprietor is making the best out of this dilemma we all face for the next billion minutes? Let's just let them find a working solution, or go somewhere else! Oh come on y'all have a little american spirit      left.

Gee, I didn't realize the only banks in the world were in the US.

That's a great philosophy though.  Maybe we should apply that to
everything.  Let's not use computers at all until we find one that's
perfect in every way.  Why stop there.  Let's not buy cars or houses
until they are made perfect too.  Electricity?  Let's stop using it
until they can grantee us it will be on 100% of the time.

Seriously now.  Financial institutions can only work with the
technology they have available.  They don't write it, they don't make
the PC's/Servers.  And lets face it, technology is not perfect.
Everything we do has risks associated with it.  Whether it is internet
banking, or driving down the street.  If you're not going to do
anything that isn't 100% perfect then you'll stay in your house in a
bubble and never leave...but I bet there could be some risks
associated with that too.