[Dshield] [DShield] Yes I'm Angry

Mike Wydra mwydra1 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 25 03:28:46 GMT 2005

Stu wrote:
Would love to see you get mad when companies sell off your snail mail
address :D

What makes you think I don't get mad :) I also get angry when spammers ring my phone (I'm on the "no call" list), and I nail them (my latest victim was some jerk from Direct TV). The dumbest thing I ever heard in my life was from a check out girl at "Best Buy." They, and a few other stores, now ask for your "phone number" when you check out. I told her, "No, I don't give out my number, and I'm on the no call list anyway." She said, "Oh, can I have your "cell phone" then?" What do you say to these morons?? Their everywhere...

Yes - I like my privacy, and there's damn little of it left (in these days of "Big Brother"). So I do tend to fight for every little scrap of it.

Okay - before I get a barrage of well meaning posts about the fact that I'm using my real name and e-mail addy on this VERY public list - don't bother. I KNEW what I was doing when I joined the list. I like to think that I'm an honorable man (I know that sounds Klingon), I had time on my hands, and I liked the DShield mission. I was willing to expose part of my privacy to help fight the scum that preys on the innocents. In fact, until now I was under the mistaken impression that everyone on the list was doing the same. I actually thought it was a requirement. Now (that I look) I see that some of the list members are hiding behind phony names and servers such as "Mail Hop." So I guess that I AM the fool for hanging my laundry out in the open. Oh well - another lesson that I learned from DShield.
Cheers,
MW
Parts of the Earth Unknown