[Dshield] This Clown Doesn't Belong On The List

Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Aug 25 14:50:42 GMT 2005

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:41:49 CDT, Mike Wydra said:
> We just had a discussion about "on-line courtesy," yet you chose to post my
> e-mail addy in the clear.

I'm assuming that you're a novice and meant 'IP Address' rather than 'e-mail
address'.  If your e-mail address wasn't in the clear, how would the "reply"
key work?

(And yes, I know about crypto-based solutions and anonymizing gateways, so don't
bother pointing them out - they're not part of the SMTP framework as used by
99% of the Internet population..)