[Dshield] Looks strange to me

pmarsh forum at dshield.org
Fri Aug 26 01:35:44 GMT 2005

I was at a client and took a look at the routing table of his netgear router and noticed the following.

10.9.95.1
255.255.255.255

I said to my self, self that's a private IP that's not part of his subnet 192.168.0.* and it's also a broadcast subnet mask?

I did a little nmap against it and many random ports responded.

There are other issue that I need to address first, does anyone have any idea what this could be?  I unplugged every device on the network and it still responded so maybe it's the lan side of the dsl modem?  Or maybe I just really need some rest, it sure looks strange to me.

Thanx, Paul

This message was sent via the web forum at
http://forum.dshield.org