[Dshield] Yes I'm Angry

Mike Wydra mwydra1 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 26 03:01:43 GMT 2005

Glenn Jarvis wrote:
>I was on a no call list for two years. Didn't make much of a difference.
>I just tell them to take me off their list, which they are required to
>do here, but the list of these companies doing "survey's" or other
>garbage is so long it really doesn't help much.

The "do not call list" has been great for me. I used to get at least 10 calls a day from telemarketers. Now I only get about one every two weeks. When I get a call from marketing monkey, I act like I'm really happy that they called, but I'm "changing the baby" and need to call them back. Some of the smart reps don't fall for it, but every now and then, someone gives me a call back number. Then I report them and they get hit with an $11,000 fine. Hey - it's MY phone, I pay for it, and no one has the right to bother me by ringing it unless I approve in advance.

MW
Hiding Out