[Dshield] Looks strange to me

Richard Golodner RGolodner at Aetea.com
Fri Aug 26 13:48:50 GMT 2005

Paul, what other protocols are being run at your client's site besides IP?
Maybe none, but I am trying to get some more clues. Are they using SNMP? Any
other info would be helpful.
Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: pmarsh [mailto:forum at dshield.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 9:36 PM
To: list at lists.dshield.org
Subject: [Dshield] Looks strange to me

I was at a client and took a look at the routing table of his netgear router
and noticed the following.

10.9.95.1
255.255.255.255

I said to my self, self that's a private IP that's not part of his subnet
192.168.0.* and it's also a broadcast subnet mask?

I did a little nmap against it and many random ports responded.

There are other issue that I need to address first, does anyone have any
idea what this could be?  I unplugged every device on the network and it
still responded so maybe it's the lan side of the dsl modem?  Or maybe I
just really need some rest, it sure looks strange to me.

Thanx, Paul

This message was sent via the web forum at
http://forum.dshield.org

send all posts to list at lists.dshield.org