[Dshield] Paranoid schizophrenic or automated Spam?

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Mon Aug 29 21:31:45 GMT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Wright" <dshield at yaps4u.net>
To: "'General DShield Discussion List'" <list at lists.dshield.org>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 3:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Dshield] Paranoid schizophrenic or automated Spam?

<snip>

> My first thought was the same as yours, as in when is Mr. Umbogu from the
> Nigerian Company X going to make an appearance, and was curious when he
> didn't.
>
> Perhaps they are relying on people to respond in some form or fashion to
> this email rather than throw it away as you would most SPAM.  Those who
> reply have just validated their email account exists.
> But then I am a suspicious so and so in this day and age.
>
> Either that or someone was smoking some seriously strong weed when they
> wrote it.  It's a new one on me.
>
> Regards
>
> Chris

I'm kind of thinking the later. If you do a specific google search on
"Scientists and Chicago Police" It shows up some links of this message on
various blogs and listserves.

--

Micheal Patterson
Senior Communications Systems Engineer

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
copies of the original message.