[Dshield] Active Directory Firewall rules

Willy, Andrew AWilly at eSMIL.net
Mon Aug 29 21:56:52 GMT 2005

To allow for compromises.

It makes life exciting.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: warwick ackfin [mailto:warwick7th at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 10:01 AM
To: list at lists.dshield.org
Subject: [Dshield] Active Directory Firewall rules

Greetings all -

    I'm being told by someone higher than I in the AD food chain here
at Ivory Towers Inc that I have to add a rule in my firewall that says
ROOT_DC ANY to MY_DC ANY.  Now, color me ignorant, but I thought AD
traffic used a FINITE group of ports(actually I'm being kind...i
thought it was only tcp445).  Why should I open everything to these
people?
NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY-The information in this email, including
attachments, may be confidential and/or privileged and may contain
confidential health information. This email is intended to be reviewed only
by the individual or organization named as addressee. If you have received
this email in error please notify Scottsdale Medical Imaging, an affiliate
of Southwest Diagnostic Imaging, LTD immediately - by return message to the
sender or to support at esmil.com - and destroy all copies of this message and
any attachments. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this
email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of Scottsdale Medical Imaging. Confidential health information is protected
by state and federal law, including, but not limited to, the Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and related
regulations.