[Dshield] Another Windows Bug Open To Zotob-Like Attacks

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Tue Aug 30 22:38:52 GMT 2005

tir, 30.08.2005 kl. 22.07 skrev Fergie (Paul Ferguson):

> Gregg Keizer writes in TechWeb News:
>
> [snip]
>
> Another Windows vulnerability disclosed earlier in August is ripe for exploit, security firm Symantec said Tuesday.

[...]

I don't know why anybody bothers to spend time on this kind of
announcement ... please concentrate on whether the sun rose or sank, and
at exactly what time in your time zone. If you live near the sea, the
exact times of ebb and flood. They would be of more interest. If, as
Henny Penny feared, the sky fell in where you are, then that would also
qualify.

SANS NewsBytes and @RISK, as well as vuln's weekly Linux update news are
more than sufficient (CERT has, IMHO long been a dead duck).

Windows has always been, and will always be, a leaky craft that no-one,
however many about it, can ever caulk sufficiently. "All hands to the
pump" and constant welding of burst seams will never suffice. Since
myriads are constantly occupied in creating new flaws.

I could go on, but Jeez, this is hopeless...

--Tonni

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl