[Dshield] Another Windows Bug Open To Zotob-Like Attacks

Clinton E. Troutman troutman at mesh.net
Wed Aug 31 06:05:56 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 30 August 2005 17:38, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> I don't know why anybody bothers to spend time on this kind of
> announcement ...
[snip]
> Windows has always been, and will always be, a leaky craft that no-one,
> however many about it, can ever caulk sufficiently. "All hands to the
> pump" and constant welding of burst seams will never suffice.

Because, when every ship in the fleet springs the same hidden leak at the
same time, the more caulkers and welders you can inform that they have a
leak means they can attend to the leak more quickly, possibly mitigate a
swamping, and more of those ships will remain afloat a while longer...

If you don't tell them, they might not stumble on the leak until already
sunk.

It makes sense to spread info through as many channels as possible.

--
Clinton E. Troutman