[Dshield] Windows Live Safety Center

John B. Holmblad jholmblad at aol.com
Thu Dec 1 01:03:34 GMT 2005

All,

as most of you are aware, as a part of its software as services
initiative, Microsoft has launched a www site (beta for the time being)
called Windows Live.  One component of that www site, not surprisingly,
is a service similar to what you can find at either Symantec's or
Mcafee's www site that allows you to run a scan on your system (that is,
if you are willing to download/install an active-x control from
Microsoft). Here is the url to that www page

    http://safety.live.com/site/en-US/default.htm

You will see a button inviting you to perform a "full service scan".
Kind of like a lube and oil change if you will!

I am running it as I type this email. Hopefully my system will not
explode. I'll also see if it is smart enough to discover/scan multiple
drives.

 --

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International
GSEC Gold,GCWN Gold,GGSC-0100,NSA-IAM,NSA-IEM

(H) 703 620 0672
(M) 703 407 2278
(F) 703 620 5388

primary email address:     jholmblad at aol.com