[Dshield] PC exhibiting weird behavior

Ed Truitt ed.truitt at etee2k.net
Sat Dec 3 13:41:37 GMT 2005

First of all, what do you mean by 'random' - is there any pattern you can discern?  Any specific domains associated with the addresses?  Are the destination ports consistent?

Second, can you get any packet captures?  Does NETSTAT/NBTSTAT show anything?

Windows systems tend to be chatty Kathys, and 445 is one their favorite ports - with 135 being right in there, thanks to DCOM/RPC.

-EdTr.