[Dshield] PC exhibiting weird behavior

Michelle Duff mduff113a at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 3 13:46:04 GMT 2005

Jeff,

  It appears you may have NetBIOS over TCP/IP enabled. Having it enabled would cause those ports to show up.

  Regards,

  Michelle

"Walzer, Jeff" <Jeff.Walzer at dcsg.com> wrote:
  I have a W2K PC that I see sending occasional traffic to random IP
addresses from ports 135 and 445. I have done a complete virus scan and
it's clean, but I'm unable to figure out why it's trying to send from
ports 135 and 445 to random IP address. Any ideas as to what to do next?

Thanks...

send all posts to list at lists.dshield.org