[Dshield] PC exhibiting weird behavior

Michelle Duff mduff113a at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 3 14:03:55 GMT 2005

Jeff, I should've added that you can disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP if you have no legacy PCs that need it.

  I think this site explains NetBIOS well:
  http://www.petri.co.il/what's_port_445_in_w2k_xp_2003.htm

  Note towards the bottom of that page, is another link explaining how to disable the NetBIOS protocol.

"Walzer, Jeff" <Jeff.Walzer at dcsg.com> wrote:
  I have a W2K PC that I see sending occasional traffic to random IP
addresses from ports 135 and 445. I have done a complete virus scan and
it's clean, but I'm unable to figure out why it's trying to send from
ports 135 and 445 to random IP address. Any ideas as to what to do next?

Thanks...

send all posts to list at lists.dshield.org