[Dshield] Interesting Zombie Data Graphs

David Cary Hart DShield at TQMcube.com
Tue Dec 6 14:58:59 GMT 2005

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 13:50:13 -0600
Laura Vance <vancel at winfreeacademy.com> opined:

> I keep due diligence on my own machine on the comcast network, and it
> would be a shame if it became even harder for me to use an ISP
> because they don't support Linux.  I would; however, be in favor of a
> solution like the ones mentioned if the ISPs would at least
> understand that their networks are already being used by Linux users,
> and they would provide something to allow us to continue.

I agree. Throwing more software at the problem creates more problems.

Ultimately, what this sadly boils down to is the continuing
negligence of ISPs. There is no scheme that works if the ISP is
unwilling - or unable - to take responsibility. Here are two VOL
zombies that I have sent many complaints about (and I'm a VOL biz
customer). One is static, one is dynamic. Verizon's abuse@ is,
apparently a mailbox that occasionally sends an auto-ack before the
incoming is routed to /dev/null.

http://tqmcube.com/zombie-151-205-230-20.php
http://tqmcube.com/vol_zombie.php