[Dshield] Cisco.com Autentication server Compromise

John B. Holmblad jholmblad at aol.com
Sat Dec 17 21:58:40 GMT 2005

All,

here is what I got when I went to authenticate to the Cisco.com www site
today:

        * Cisco has determined that Cisco.com password protection has
          been compromised.
        * As a precautionary measure, Cisco has reset your password. To
          receive your new password, send a blank e-mail, from the
          account which you entered upon registration, to
          cco-locksmith at cisco.com <mailto:cco-locksmith at cisco.com>.
          Account details with a new random password will be e-mailed to
          you.
        * Because of a large number of requests, registered Cisco.com
          users may experience delays in receiving the new passwords.
        * This incident does not appear to be due to a weakness in Cisco
          products or technologies.
        * If you receive a request for additional information it is
          because there are more than one User ID in the Cisco.com
          database associated with your email address. Please follow the
          instructions provided.

Has anyone else seen this?

--
Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International
GSEC Gold,GCWN Gold,GGSC-0100,NSA-IAM,NSA-IEM

(H) 703 620 0672
(M) 703 407 2278
(F) 703 620 5388

primary email address:     jholmblad at aol.com