[Dshield] Cisco.com Autentication server Compromise
John B. Holmblad
jholmblad at aol.com
Sat Dec 17 21:58:40 GMT 2005
here is what I got when I went to authenticate to the Cisco.com www site
* Cisco has determined that Cisco.com password protection has
* As a precautionary measure, Cisco has reset your password. To
receive your new password, send a blank e-mail, from the
account which you entered upon registration, to
cco-locksmith at cisco.com <mailto:cco-locksmith at cisco.com>.
Account details with a new random password will be e-mailed to
* Because of a large number of requests, registered Cisco.com
users may experience delays in receiving the new passwords.
* This incident does not appear to be due to a weakness in Cisco
products or technologies.
* If you receive a request for additional information it is
because there are more than one User ID in the Cisco.com
database associated with your email address. Please follow the
Has anyone else seen this?
GSEC Gold,GCWN Gold,GGSC-0100,NSA-IAM,NSA-IEM
(H) 703 620 0672
(M) 703 407 2278
(F) 703 620 5388
primary email address: jholmblad at aol.com
backup email address: jholmblad at verizon.net
More information about the list