[Dshield] Wireless network planning

Rik Kershaw-Moore Rik.Kershaw-Moore at avonandsomerset.police.uk
Tue Dec 20 08:13:38 GMT 2005

Sadly I've not come across such a piece of software, sofar.  We still do a
back of the fag packet calc and then go off and do an RF survey.

>I'm wondering if there is a tool somewhere that would help in determining
the number of
>AP's I might need for an area of X square feet and of Y construction.

You have probably already found this link -

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/2212591

And the O'Reilly Book "Building Wireless Community Networks" offers some
very useful advice indeed:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/wirelesscommnet2/

Sorry to be of little help,

Rik

Internet e-mail is not to be treated as a secure means
of communication.  The Avon and Somerset Constabulary
monitors all internet e-mail activity and content.
This communication is confidential and intended for the
addressee(s) only.  Unauthorised use or disclosure of
the content may be unlawful.  Opinions expressed in
this document may not be official policy.
Thank you for your cooperation.
(C)Avon and Somerset Constabulary.

http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk