[Dshield] Guidance Software hacked?

Frank Knobbe frank at knobbe.us
Thu Dec 22 13:48:40 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 07:47 -0500, Joel Esler wrote:
> Encase wasn't hacked, just Guidance's DB right?  Someone correct me
> if I am wrong, the subjects of the emails are misleading slightly.

                              From:
Joel Esler <eslerj at gmail.com>
                                To:
General DShield Discussion List
<list at lists.dshield.org>
Re: [Dshield] Guidance Software
hacked?
                              Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 07:47:30 -0500
(06:47 CST)

The subject clearly says Guidance, not EnCase.

Yes, their customer database got pried open. No one said anything about
their software product, Encase, being backdoored or such.

-Frank

against your ports.