[Dshield] DOS by Sorbs?

Larry Craddock l_craddock at netride.net
Thu Dec 22 15:20:00 GMT 2005

One other observation ... from your description it sounds like email from your domain is being rejected solely based on being listed by Sorbs. That sounds a little bit odd to me; most email admins use several lists and checks and typically don't drop an email for failing only one test. You might want to verify that's the only list you've made. The Spam Database Checker at http://www.dnsstuff.com works nice for that.

> Is it normal custom to blacklist without warning?

Definitely normal. Some notify and most (in my experience) don't. Normally
our bounced outbound mail is the first indicator of a problem.

SORBS is way too aggressive for my business tastes so I don't use their
list, but I have no ill will toward them.

The spammers, skiddies, and criminals deserve the venom. It's their fault
everyone is challenged with finding the miniscule amount of legitimate mail
floating on the nonstop stream of SMTP sewage.

send all posts to list at lists.dshield.org