[Dshield] OT Curiosity question

Craig Webster craig at xeriom.net
Fri Dec 23 12:15:09 GMT 2005

On 23 Dec 2005, at 10:26, Bo Nordgren wrote:
> A contrast to the highly connected countries we have the dutch
> neigbour Belgium that still enforces bandwith limits on ALL
> internetconnections. Lately internet speeds available via cable are
> up to 6/768k or 8/1 and ADSL of 4/1 is available.
> The UK is testing ADSLv2 but that is a bit off still. They have a
> maximum of 4/1 on ADSL and I have no clue what cable is like.

With cable in the UK it depends on the city you live in. In Edinburgh
the maximum is currently being raised to 512K up, 10M down. Not sure
about the other cities. Bulldog broadband have been offering 8M down
on their own ADSL equipment for a fair while now.

Yours,
Craig
Craig Webster | t: +44 (0)131 516 8595 | e: craig at xeriom.net
Xeriom.NET    | f: +44 (0)709 287 1902 | w: http://xeriom.net