[Dshield] open source passwd generator needed

Peter Stendahl-Juvonen peter.stendahl-juvonen at welho.com
Fri Dec 30 19:16:18 GMT 2005

On 29.12.2005 23:36 (UTC+2), Wes S wrote:
> I need a password generator since my brain is getting tired of trying
> to come up with passwords.  One that can be configured to produce
> passwords that match password policy in effect would be nice.
>
> Any recommendations?
>
> Tia,
>
> Wes S

Wes et al.

Could PINs, a secure passwords manager, including a powerful random
passwords generator be of any interest and help?

PINs is OSI Certified Open Source Software. It's freeware.

Platform: any 32-bit Windows (including XP)

- - Pete

http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/pins.html

For your convenience, please find below citations from the SW author's
web page:

"PINs is a free feature-rich Windows program for safe and comfortable
storing of any secure information like passwords, accounts, PINs etc.
PINs uses a secure 448 bit Blowfish algorithm to ensure the data are not
crackable. The password used for securing access to stored data is not
saved anywhere.

PINs does not require installation and does not need any special dlls,
drivers or system files which can mess up your system. This means that
PINs can run directly from floppy - including data files - without
installing anything. This is extremely useful if you wish to easily
access your data on other computers as well.

PINs is OSI Certified Open Source Software. It's freeware...

Selected features

* Secure 448 bit Blowfish encoding.
* Unlimited number of entries and data files.
* A clear tree-like data organization which allows logical grouping of
systems and accounts.
* Automated login into Internet services (SuperPaste).
* A powerful random passwords generator.
* Safe files wiping using Gutmann, DoD and custom methods.
* Embedded hyperlinks launching.
* Unlimited in size, multi-line descriptions.
* A flexible data import/export in text format.
* Multiple user accounts on a single PC.
* Accounts sorting using any column as a sort criteria.
* Comfortable accounts adding, editing, and deleting.
* Compatibility with popular clipboard extenders.
* Passwords masking.
* Copy logins and passwords to the Windows clipboard.
* Find/find next functions.
* Expired passwords tracking.
* Running from a floppy without saving settings to registry.
* Multilingual versions.
* Full source code available.
* And more..."