[Dshield] report imports update

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Fri Dec 30 19:44:29 GMT 2005

Sorry for the late reply / update on this, but I first wanted to get a
good handle at whats going on here.

As it turned out, some of the report tables got turned into "read only
mode" by MySQL. This likely happened while moving (other) tables to a
backup disk array. It took me a while to figure out what was exactly
going on, and repairs are now in progress. I estimate that we will start
importing data again in a few hours.

The data was parsed, but the import failed due to the read only status
of these tables.

Now the catchup will be a bit tricky, as some data made it while others
didn't. I will start by re-importing all data from yesterday, and then
remove duplicate data. This is likely going to take a while. I hope to
have this finished sometime tomorrow.

You can check on the current status of things here:

http://www.dshield.org/status.php

--
---------
Johannes Ullrich                        jullrich at sans.org