[Dshield] open source passwd generator needed

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Fri Dec 30 20:31:11 GMT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wes S" <wess at acegroup.cc>
To: <list at lists.dshield.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 3:36 PM
Subject: [Dshield] open source passwd generator needed

>I need a password generator since my brain is getting tired of trying
> to come up with passwords.  One that can be configured to produce
> passwords that match password policy in effect would be nice.
>
> Any recommendations?
>
> Tia,
>
> Wes S

Wes, you didn't specify windows or *nix. If for *nix, you might see if pwgen
fits the bill, located at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=28391&package_id=20253.
If you happen to have FreeBSD, it's in it's ports tree located at
/usr/ports/sysutils/pwgen.

Mike P.

SYNOPSIS
       pwgen maxlength [ count ]

       If you compile pwgen with -DALLBYOPTS,
        then the synopsis becomes:

       pwgen
 [ -acnsh --alt-phonics --capitalize --numerals --secure --help ]
       maxlength [ count ]