[Dshield] Dramatic increase in port 1026 probes...

Scott Melnick smelnick at water.com
Thu Jan 6 15:56:59 GMT 2005

Hi.

>From what I understand this is a Messenger Spam. The UDP 1026 port is a
Calendar access protocol.

Just my 2 cents.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces at lists.dshield.org [mailto:list-bounces at lists.dshield.org]
On Behalf Of Fergie (Paul Ferguson)
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 4:21 PM
To: list at lists.dshield.org; incidents at securityfocus.com
Subject: [Dshield] Dramatic increase in port 1026 probes...

Does anyone have an idea why there has been such a
dramatic increase in the number of probes to port 1026?
I have also noticed that the vast majority, if not all,
of the offending source IP addresses originate in Asia...

Any educated theories welcome. :-)

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg at netzero.net or
 fergdawg at sbcglobal.net

SANS Intrusion Immersion Training: Orlando, FL, February 3-9th
http://www.sans.org/orlando05

send all posts to list at lists.dshield.org