[Dshield] dshield web page graphs

Peter Stendahl-Juvonen peter.stendahl-juvonen at welho.com
Sat Jan 8 13:52:12 GMT 2005

list-bounces at lists.dshield.org <mailto:list-bounces at lists.dshield.org>
wrote on Saturday, January 08, 2005 4:25 AM (EET) UTC+2 on behalf of
Johannes Ullrich

| On Friday 07 January 2005 14:55, Joel Esler wrote:
|| I also am experiencing the same issues Peter & Chris.
|
| These should be working again now. Let me know if there is still
| something I missed. The underlying issue was that I tighten down some
| of my input validation and well, it ended up a bit too tight :-/.

Two out of four (2/4) defects fixed. Please see below for details.

Issue 1)

||| Is it just me, or is anyone else having any problems with the
||| dshield site? I can't see the "source graph" or "target graph" -
||| there's a short delay with the hourglass, then the port graph just
||| reappears.

This has been fixed. Works fine now. Thanks.

Issue 2)

|| 2) Another defect experienced is that the links "Next" (for Next
|| Page) are non-functional as well. All I see is "Currently showing
|| lines 0 through 20" displayed no matter how many times I click
|| "Next" (when there are more than 20 records sent for a given day).

This has been fixed as well. Also works fine now. Thanks.

Issue 3)

|| 3) Another defect: Even when using "Remember me" (allowing DShield
|| site to insert an auto login cookie into browser cache) I quite so
|| often have to login manually to the DShield site. Would highly
|| appreciate if the defects in handling and identifying set cookies
|| were fixed at the sites appropriate SW.

Still does NOT work properly. Unluckily cannot confirm any progress
regarding this persistent pain in the neck. Still does not work
constantly but works only intermittently. Thanks in advance for fixing
defects in auto login cookie(s) handling and identification.

Issue 4)

|| 4) "IP Info" report(s) no longer contain "Request Contact Update"
|| link, which provided a handy way of submitting feedback concerning
|| Contact E-mail addresses, which not-so-seldom show disinformation.
|| To my knowledge, it was handy from the viewpoint of those
|| administering the Contact E-mail addresses as well. Therefore, am
|| astonished why this option no longer exists at the DShield site.

This feature is still missing. Still lacking the previously useful and
handy function. "IP Info" report(s) definately still do NOT contain the
"Request Contact Update" link.

- Pete

                   "Sweet is the memory of past troubles."
    Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC); Roman writer, orator and
statesman.

list-bounces at lists.dshield.org <mailto:list-bounces at lists.dshield.org>
wrote on Friday, January 07, 2005 9:55 PM (EET) UTC+2 on behalf of Joel
Esler