[Dshield] Windows update

Roger A. Grimes roger at banneretcs.com
Tue Jan 18 14:00:16 GMT 2005

It only happens after logon?

This means that it probably isn't an OS thing, but something related to
either the particular user's profile or the All Users profile.  Just
after logging on in, hold down the right-shift key continuously, to
disable startup programs.  See if that works.

Also, don't login, but from another computer open that computer's Event
Log.  Look at the System log...it might reveal what's going on.

Roger

***
*Roger A. Grimes, Banneret Computer Security, Computer Security
Consultant
*CPA, CISSP, MCSE: Security (NT/2000/2003/MVP), CNE (3/4), CEH, CHFI
*email: roger at banneretcs.com
*cell: 757-615-3355
*Author of Malicious Mobile Code:  Virus Protection for Windows by
O'Reilly
*http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/malmobcode
*Author of Honeypots for Windows (Apress)
*http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=281
****