[Dshield] Local DNS RBL

David Cary Hart DavidHart at TQMcube.com
Sun Jan 23 19:18:36 GMT 2005

Given the close correlation of spam and virus distribution, I'm now
banning mail from abusive areas (notably China and Korea). I'm thinking
about extending the process to HTTPD as well using the same dns zones
(if I can figure out how to do it).

After struggling furiously to create a local DNS blocklist system, I
have put up complete (neophyte level, ABC) instructions at
http://www.tqmcube.com/rbldnsd.htm

I have included a tarball of initial blocklists including one that bans
China completely.

I hope that this is a useful (or at least fun). Watching the carnage in
a maillog tail is enjoyable but, perhaps, I am too easily amused. Rants,
raves, corrections and comments are welcome. Ultimately, I'm just trying
to improve my skills to something north of nitwit.