[Dshield] He has been captured - Possible Virus Email

Karen Gispanski kgisp001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 23:40:17 GMT 2005

Has anyone received emails claiming Osama Bin Laden has been captured?  Some subject lines read He has been captured and others read Glod Bless America!
It has a attachment pictures.zip.  The content in the email is:

Turn on your TV. From: you at msn.com Bcc: Return-Path: you at msn.com Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 02 Jun 2005 20:57:09.0751 (UTC) FILETIME=[A48F1870:01C567B5] Date: 2 Jun 2005 16:57:09 -0400 Osama Bin Laden has been captured. While CNN has no pictures at this point of time, the military channel (PPV) released some pictures. I managed to capture a couple of these pictures off my TV. Ive attached a slideshow containing all the pictures I managed to capture. I apologize for the low quality, its the best I could do at this point of time. Hopefully CNN will have pictures and a video soon. God bless the USA! Sergio Ruiz