[Dshield] Re: list Digest, Vol 30, Issue 2

Kenneth Coney superc at visuallink.com
Fri Jun 3 16:36:29 GMT 2005

There is a lot to be said in checking for AV updates each time before
downloading one's mail.  AVG detected what they are calling
downloader.small.44.s  Captured and deleted two of them this AM.  One
contained pics.zip, the other contained j69M.zip.  Both were 900 bytes
in size.  An exact description of the virus is not yet available.   Ho
hum, are there still people out there who blindly open attachments or
click on links in emails sent from strangers?  How have they survived
this long?  It is as if Mother Nature is simply removing the careless or
clueless from the herd..  For my friends I fix a PC once for free, twice
for about $10 an hour, and the third time I want $50 an hour.  No one
has called me for a fourth time yet, so I haven't set that price.
Happily few have called me twice.