[Dshield] di-604 router

Jody J. Hietpas jodyh at iname.com
Sun Jun 5 02:19:45 GMT 2005

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 05:48:19PM -0400, Wes S wrote:
> I just got DSL, works good, 900 feet from central dial office :)
>
> I saw a message that said that emailing DLink 614 works but I have a
> DLink 604.  I was about to let her rip on emailing but is there a
> procedure to verify this?  Oh hell, the web page didn't say don't do
> it so dlink12345 at dshield.org, here we go.
>
> Will I get an email if my logs sucket?
>
> Wes

It should work.  I have that router also.  I had to put my own parser together because of the broken way it sends email.  In my version, it used a CR after the timestamp as a field separator, and my ISP runs the qmail server, which rejects the mail because it breaks an RFC somewhere.

You will only get an acknowledgment if you set that option on your account.

Jody
Jody J. Hietpas                                        jodyh at iname.com