[Dshield] W32/Kassbot-B worm combat

jmulkerin jmulkerin at comcast.net
Wed Jun 8 02:49:03 GMT 2005

My company is a targeted web site in the W32/Kassbot-B worm.  A
customer's windows machine not patched with MS04-012 or MS04-11 can  be
infected and include a keylogger and then pass the data to a Russian
address. The details can then be used to compromise our customer's
account.  We already are pretty tight inside, in the DMZ and at the
firewall.  We're gonna target some customer education towards patching
and virus protection. Any other suggestions on how to combat the problem?

Thanks
John