[Dshield] Missing submission confirmations / unreliable data presented by DShield?

Peter Stendahl-Juvonen peter.stendahl-juvonen at welho.com
Wed Jun 8 14:12:23 GMT 2005

Started seeing problems with submission confirmations around Monday May
30.

Reported the issues to info at dshield.org.

At present, am again NOT receiving submission confirmations.

It would also appear that the data I send is not correctly stored into
the DShield database.

>From last Monday, I have automatically submitted 178 emails to DShield.
I have received 115 confirmations, which include two empty ones with
just confirmation skeletons, so the actual number of confirmations is
113 out of 178, i.e. still missing 65 confirmations, which means that
more than one third is missing.

Since each submission usually contains several lines of input for the
DShield database, it is evident that a remarkable amount of data is
hence missing.

The database as well as the daily report for, e.g. yesterday (June 7)
show only two lines for that day when I have actually submitted ca 95
lines for that day. The same phenomenon appears at least for another day
that I took the trouble to check.

IF this concerns not only my submissions but also submissions by other
submitters as well, then the data gathered, refined and presented by
DShield is likely false and possibly even misleading.

The point is not to nag, but would like to hear are other DShielders
experiencing same sort of problems, and what could be done about it.

If not, then why do I experience these issues?

- Pete

           "If you don't know where you're going,
          you will probably end up somewhere else".
        Laurence J. Peter, 1919-1990), Canadian poet.