[Dshield] New Virus?

Lee, Alex Alex.Lee at Nextel.com
Wed Jun 8 12:49:43 GMT 2005

Submit it to viruslist.com.  Their system will scan with a dozen or so
av engines.  Might identify it, or hint at what it is.

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces at lists.dshield.org
[mailto:list-bounces at lists.dshield.org] On Behalf Of Sue Young
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 5:25 PM
To: General DShield Discussion List
Subject: [Dshield] New Virus?

Hi -

Has anyone seen this message yet with an attachment of screen.zip?  It
got through Trend, Symantec, and Kaspersky to land in my inbox.  Of
course I do not have an e-gold account.  I'm not even that much of a
Peter Gabriel fan.

Hello,

I have transferred $1070 to your e-gold account through the First USA
Bank. The scanned check is attached to the letter. Please, confirm
reception of my payment by mail or fax which I have specified in the
previous letter.

Sincerely,
Peter Gabriel.

Susanne Young
Associate, Information Technology
Grosvenor Capital Management, L.P.
Telephone: 312-739-2144
Facsimile: 312-782-4759
syoung at gcmlp.com

Statement of Confidentiality

The contents of this e-mail message and its attachments are intended
solely for the addressee(s) hereof.   In addition, this e-mail
transmission may be confidential and it may be subject to privilege
protecting communications between attorneys or solicitors and their
clients.  If you are not the named addressee, or if this message has
been addressed to you in error, you are directed not to read, disclose,
reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this transmission.
Delivery of this message to any person other than the intended
recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege or
confidentiality.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please alert the sender by reply e-mail; we also request that you
immediately delete this message and its attachments, if any.  Grosvenor
Capital Management, L.P. and its related entities reserve the right to
monitor all e-mail communications through their networks.

Join us at SANSFIRE 2005 in Atlanta!
The Internet Storm Center Conference.
Details: http://www.sans.org/sansfire2005

send all posts to list at lists.dshield.org