[Dshield] data storage encryption

Isaac suscripcions at tsolucio.com
Wed Jun 8 21:10:49 GMT 2005

Thanks for the response, I try to answer all your questions:
The purpose is to storage the data for rally long term, all the company
data will go there after work with it, at least the results of the work.
I'm not sure about the availity of the data after encryption I'm still
working with that client, it's a important point, sure, but now I only
thinking how substitute the actual sistem (really bad win98 with a bat
coping the files, ejem, ejem)
The system isn't networked in any way, no cable, no wifi.
There is no practical physical security, but the environment isn't
"agressive", really dificult that someone steal that data physicalli.
The operating system/software doesn't matter, if  the cost  isn't really
big, I  started with linux because my company uses it in our servers,
and i think it's a good choice.
The acceptable level of risk, it's dificult to say in this moment, one
thing it's that I think, other that the client says and other really
different it's what the actual mesures demonstrate.
I think the time constraints are 2 or 3 weeks, enough for implement a
solution with that caracteristics, at least I wish....
The budgets...... i'm a techic, so no, idea of how will my boss charge
about my work, but I think spend a lot money more than 10h or 15h of my
time configuring a open source based software for that will be too much,
thinking in what only installing xp pro and using efs will improve a lot
the actual solution.
The problem I see it's the availability of the data after the
encription, but seeing how works now, i think they don't use the data
after storing it.
I know the explanation isn't as good as you need to make a good answer,
but not always we have all the information we need and in this case
anything will improve the situation.
Thanks a lot for your help and time

En/na Josh Tolley ha escrit: