[Dshield] data storage encryption

Suscripcions tsolucio suscripcions at tsolucio.com
Thu Jun 9 08:13:18 GMT 2005

Thanks for your answer, I apreciate it a lot, in the general context of
backups, but I think the answers are going in other way, the offsite,
fireproof, long therm storage, bussiness relations, etc... Are covered,
the recuperation agent will be determined based in the encryption
method.
I don't want any legal problem if the client stop working with us, so I
will prepare all to prepare this incovenience.

After that, I will explain a bit how works, and the motivation of the
question here, to clarify all the theme.
Data is gathered---processed--(when they finish)stored in a trust
server.

They have all the data duplicated in the work server and the storage
server, if no virus incidence was occured in the 24h after a backup, the
data is passed to trust server. In the trust server they need assurance
of no virus is in it.
The way trasnfering the data is with a "HD extraible" (don't know the
english word), the client only asked me how make the process of coping
the data in the trust server automatic.
My surprise was when I see the trust server, windows 98, and the process
copy: a bat archive. No comment......
Of course I said to the client that I could improve that for automate
it.
My original think was to install a linux that start-copy-shut down.
But how doing a encrypted partition isn't much more work, why not?
The only problem was my original question: how store securly the key to
automate it.
I wish not being too much extend in my explanation.
Thanks for your time.

Suscripcions tsolucio <suscripcions at tsolucio.com>