[Dshield] ISP's That Ignore Abuse Reports

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Mon Jun 13 12:12:41 GMT 2005

man, 13.06.2005 kl. 06.57 skrev Clinton E. Troutman:

[...]

> Preposterous??
> Surprising comment coming from you...
> </sarcasm>
>
> RBL's remind me of the phrase "shotgun to kill a mosquito" except you are not
> in control of the shotgun; you have handed the shotgun to someone else and
> told them to kill a mosquito for you.
>
> Obviously, that approach is working great for some environments. In other
> environments, too many legitimate messages are blocked.
>
> Obviously again, your particular feelings will be based on whether RBL's work
> for your environment or not. For me, they haven't and don't...

For me they do and continue to. Tralalalala. To each his own poison.

There is no point in arguing this thread to death, as has been done on,
for example, the Postfix ML, so many times.  Fate in its infinite wisdom
has appointed those unto whom DNSBLs shall be of use and those not.
Kismet, basta, quiche.

Pasta makes some people ill, not me. Oysters make me puke, others not.
Etc.

Could we please let this thread *die*?

--Tonni

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl